LOW FAT GOURMET PUMPKIN RISOTTO (using cauliflower instead of rice!)
I saw a few recipes on the net which involved using finely diced cauliflower instead of rice, so I thought I’d give this risotto a go! This is my own recipe, and was my first whizz at it, but it turned out quite nice! Here’s how:
- Cut up 1/4 of a butternut pumpkin into little cubes and put on an oven tray. Roast in the oven on medium heat until the pumpkin is soft (about 15 minutes for 1cmx1cm cubes)
- While the pumpkin is baking, finely dice a bowl’s worth of cauliflower until it looks like little ricegrains. You can use a food processor, but I don’t have one so I used a knife!
- Saute half a diced onion and 4 crushed garlic cloves in a tablespoon of olive oil. Then add half a cup of water and the cauliflower. Start to simmer it at high heat.
- When the cauli is becoming soft, add the pumpkin and stir well. Add some chopped parsley and a teaspoon of tumeric for the amazing colour! You can add chilli flakes for some bite!
- Once the whole thing is becoming soft and creamy-looking, add a pinch of salt and about 1/3 cup grated low fat parmesan cheese. This will make the risotto creamier and FULL of flavour!
I really liked this recipe and am going to do it again soon! =D