nellafromhealthysnax: Dessert for the soul when one is suffering from the cold and flu - 30g oats, 20g banana, cinnamon, stevia and almond milk! 💛 #oatmeal #warmfood #fit #breakfast #healthy #motivation #dessert #oats #cinnamon #inspiration #cleaneating #almondmilk #healthylife #instafit #banana #immunity
HEALTHYSNAX UPDATE FROM NELLA!
Okay guys, so you know how I said I’d be posting updates on my new health pledge? Well here’s one! I’ve come down with a cold so I’m now boosting my immunity with things like garlic and herbs…yummy right? Haha!
I’ve been pretty good the last few days - I’ve controlled my eating and have satisfied cravings with smaller, healthier alternatives. I’ve been practicing moderation (eg. Eating oats now, but limiting to max 50g a day! My focus is to get way more veggies into my diet, just like the way it used to be before!
Yep, that’s my update so far ^_^
The Perfect Basic Almondmeal Pancake Recipe 🌼
100g almondmeal, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon coconut oil (melted), pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 20ml water.
Grease pan with coconut oil, fry on LOW heat for about 5 mins until bubbles appear on surface (too high heat will burn the pancake!). Flip and fry for a further 2-4 mins!
#fitspo #cleaneating #pancake #almondmealpancakes #almondmealpancakerecipe#perfectpancake #healthycooking #inspiration #motivation #coconutoil #eggs #breakfast
✿ Guilt-free Chocolate Dessert Crepes ✿
If you’re looking for something healthy to eat for breakfast but you want to indulge a little (and get a bit creative), then try these chocolate crepes! They are flourless, sugarless, and dairy-free! You can add oats to them if you like, but these are perfect for someone who’s on a paleo diet (just replace the peanut butter with almond butter!). They turn out so light and fluffy and delicious!
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon natural 100% peanut butter (or almond butter for paleo)
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 10 drops liquid stevia extract
- chia seeds to sprinkle
❤ What to do:
- Mash the banana until & add remaining crepe ingredients - blend or whisk until smooth & runny!
- Heat large pan and pour in 1/2 of crepe mix. You can use extra coconut oil to grease pan but you may not need to, as there is coconut oil in the mix already which will stop your crepe from sticking.
- Use a spatula to (gently - they’re fragile!) lift up the edge of the crepe and check whether it looks cooked - if so, flip it in half, and then into quarters (the part on top will cook through!)
- Transfer onto a plate and do the same with remaining batter.
- Mix the sauce ingredients with enough water to make it a runny consistency and pour over crepes.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and serve! =)
Fave paleo breakfast!!!
Day 1 of Nella’s Paleo week (no dairy, no grains!) coconut cream instead of cows milk, with raw cacao, eggs fried on coconut oil and frozen blueberries.
Breakfast buckwheat with kiwi! SO delicious and fresh! :)
Morning oatmeal with PLENTY of cinnamon!!! Mmmm
Kickstarting today with a positive attitude and a smile =)
I just woke up - 10:30am (a bit of a sleep in, I must say. Oops!) because I went to bed close to 1:00am last night (I was watching Into The Blue with Mummy!). Well THAT was a nice sleep in!
But anyway, I’m feeling a bit thirsty so I’ve made one of my banana thickshakes (there’s a whole ocean of water that fits into my smoothie cup!). I put extra coffee into it today though - I need one of those energy hits that you seem to get from coffee. Mmmm caffeine…And it turned out extra frothy and chocolatey today!
Well, it’s SUNDAY today, meaning I have to go to work, but then I’m catching up with one of my closest friends for dinner - I’m excited because we don’t get to catch up very often!
I’m looking forward to this new week - Dance training kicks off on Tuesday, it’s the last Saturday of Russian School before the school holidays, my friend Sab and I are going to work on the novel we’re writing, I’m going to prepare some yummy food with all the veggies and grains that I bought…
Gotta make this last week of June count! Sound good? Hmm what else could I do to make this week super, awesomely better?
I bought a mini frypan yesterday and made a mini omelette-type of thing! :) yummy and cute!
Banana oatmeal with honey!
SNEAKY APPLE PIE OATS.
- 1. Chop up one apple into small cubes and mix with some rolled oats and a splash of water.
- 2. Add some cinnamon and natural sweetener and stir through.
- 3. Pop into a microwaveable bowl or large cup and microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- 4. Enjoy! (The apples will become all mushy and the oats will be gooey and sweet! It’s like eating a healthy apple-pie for brekky!)
YUMMIEST BREAKFAST OATS WITH YOGHURT!
This was way too quick and easy to prepare! I just mixed some oats in water, added cinnamon and sweetener, and microwaved for 4 minutes. Then I added yoghurt on the side and dotted a line of blueberries! Favourite breakfast EVER!
I love breakfast SO much… <3
Breakfast! Omelette out of 1 scrambled whole egg with 2 eggwhites, chopped tomato and 1 slice of smoked ham :) earl grey tea on the side!
CHOCOLATE ANTIOXIDANTS BREAKFAST QUINOA!
We all know that chocolate is full of antioxidants, right? Well, here’s a little taste of the goodies contained in unsweetened cocoa powder:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and E, calcium, copper, iron, zinc, potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium & manganese.
Sound good so far? Well what if I told you that today for breakfast I had something that tasted like I was eating a decadent dessert. In fact, I think it tasted like chocolate crackles (those puffed rice and cocoa cupcakes!)
- Cook up a cup of quinoa and mix it with 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder AND some natural sweetener to taste. I also added a bit of Ovaltine Lite mix to mine for a little energy kick!
- Step 2….well there’s no step 2 really! It’s just THAT easy =D