Instagraaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!! Nellafittynova <—
LONG TIME NO SEE, FOLLOWERS! SORRY! I’M STILL HERE!!
Hey guys, really sorry that you’ve seen no updates from me - I’ve been on tumblr, browsing my dashboard in my few mins of free time here and there, but haven’t actually gone onto healthysnax! *GASP* treachery!! *GASP* And I just realized that in my absence I’d accumulated like a million new followers since the last time I checked (ok maybe not a million - more like 80-100) so THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING! I hope the content on my blog has been keeping you entertained without any recent new updates!
Reason for the lack of healthysnax updates:
- New job - I now work at a gym with very random hours so each of my days is structured differently
- University - I’m back at uni, studying, so I’ve been staying up late to finish assignments etc etc etc
- Instagram - Yep, this new craze has captured my heart - I mainly post pics of my meals and recipes on my instagram (nellanova) because it’s quick, easy and convenient (and you get to play with filters and layouts and borders hehe)
- Social life - Now that I’m so busy with work and uni, I try to spend every free moment possible with friends and my lovely boyfriend!
But this doesn’t mean I’m long gone from healthysnax! I’ll post some stuff on here - just, right now I have erm…writer’s block? Tumblrer’s block? Yeah.
SO, HELP ME OUT HERE - what would you like to see me post? Any recipes or articles or tips that you’d like to see? =D I‘m open to suggestions, even crazy ones! Want me to post a daily picture with me sporting a different mustach each morning? I’ll do it! ASK AWAY!
So anyway, hope you’re all well, and if not, then come and complain to me!!! ^_^
TOMORROW IS THE BIGGEST DAY OF 2013 FOR ME SO FAR….
…Because tomorrow…. I go back to University to study Architecture! And MAN am I excited. It’s going to be a long day of lectures - 9am till 4pm…and it’s going to be the first time in about 2 years that I’m going to be studying again!
And I’ve got some massive goals in accordance with my new study life!
- Be the best in my class in each subject - I was always one of the best in my art class in high school, and it felt so good. And since I have such a passion for arty subjects, I think that Architecture is going to be so enjoyable that I’ll have no problem trying my best and aiming for the highest grades. Yep, I plan to be a nerd this year!
- Super healthy brain food and portion control - It’s going to be a bit tricky structuring my meals around my study and work, and it will be very important to stay healthy and feed my brain all the good fats etc ;) SO, I’m going to have to work out some healthy snacky portable meals that I can take to university with me when I have a long day there. Aside from that, I’m going to try and eat at home as much as possible!
- Exercise - the good thing about studying in the city is that I will have to catch the bus and then walk from the train station to the campus 4 days a week. Which is a good 30 minute walk daily - there and back. This means that I’ll be NIIIICE and active, aside from extra exercise during the day =)
Wish me luck! Who has some cool uni tips (I’ve not been to uni in SO long!! Study tips, sanity tips, energy tips? haha!) ?
Went with hairstyle #4 - thanks guys ;D New top!
New hair - how do I wear it - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
NELLA IS IN LOVE…
…With the following favourites:
IODISED SEA SALT - I’ve FINALLY made the switch from regular processed table salt to iodised sea salt! I first had it at my boyfriend’s house, and you can really taste the difference! It tastes so light and fresh compared to normal table salt!
COCONUT MILK/CREAM - Hearing how regular supermarket milk is made these days has made me really wary of dairy (hey, that rhymes!). Apparently processed milk which we buy at the supermarkets may even have blood and infections from the cow’s teat in it, except it’s in a very very diluted state. Still - doesn’t that make you want to…*runs to get a bucket*…anyway…*comes back* I’m going to start making my yummy raw cacao drink/dessert with coconut milk/cream now =)
COCONUT OIL - I literally get anxious if I run out of this stuff! It has to be, hands down my favourite product in the whole world. I HAVE to always have it on hand! It’s the cure to everything, is absolutely delicious and doesn’t make you fat! YUM!
So go out, and buy the above, and take a goofy goober photoshoot with them like I just did!
Mama Nella chopped all her hair off! #instagram #nellanova #ermagerd!!!!
Exercise - getting back into it! I’m happy to say that I’m NOT puffy looking anymore and that I haven’t had a gram of sugar (aside from the sugar found naturally in yoghurt) for 7 days straight, I’ve been working out for an hour these last 3 days and I’m feeling great - mentally and physically! My skin feels good and I haven’t worn any makeup whatsoever in 4 days! And I am currently very sweaty…
NELLA’S EXERCISE AND ACTIVITIES PLAN FOR THE JANUARY SHRED!
(Just wrote a short journal entry on how today’s shred went - fitsporadical.tumblr.com)
GET MY NIKES!
Hey guys, I’ve had SO many people asking me where I bought my Nike Freerun 3’s - well here’s the link!
They’re SO light and comfortable, and the ones I bought are half a size too small for me so I wear them without socks and they’re STILL comfy!!! =D
… I presenteth to thou, the Oil of the Coconuts!
Going interstate today to compete in my ballroom dancing comp .. but I ain’t going ANYWHERE without my coconut oil!!! This stuff is amazing. It gives you so much energy and helps performance =)
I’m in love!!!!!! like never before!!!!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM BRITNEY SPEARS!!! I didn’t dress up this year OR last year, so I’m posting a photo from 2 years ago :P I should really make a better effort next year!
Just seductively drinking my Yakult! A bit sugary, but made me feel good!
Did well at the dance comp yesterday. Showing you guys my medal, and then being a little possessed, because that’s the most entertaining thing that I can think of to post on Tumblr today. =)